Note: Kalliopeia Foundation welcomes Letters of Inquiry; however, we review full proposals by invitation only. Applicant organizations must be tax-exempt with 501(c)(3) status, or have a fiscal sponsor that has tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status.
First-year grants range from $10,000 to $35,000. We make both general operating support and project support grants. We seek to establish long-term relationships in support of organizations and projects that are well-run, strong additions to our Program Areas and that meet the criteria listed below.
We are particularly interested in projects that have the potential to influence wider circles – whether locally, nationally, or globally – toward a transformation of consciousness resonant with our mission.
Funding priority is given to organizations that demonstrate:
- substantial alignment with our mission and clear relevance to at least one of our program areas;
- meeting a compelling need in a community or wider culture;
- holistic and embodied commitment to transformation of consciousness;
- capacity to reach wider circles, whether locally, nationally, or globally;
- inclusion of and service to marginalized, disadvantaged, and excluded populations;
- organizational vitality and effective program implementation;
- clarity of intention, honest communication, and ability to follow our application process.
We do not fund:
- organizations without 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status or a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt fiscal sponsor;
- large, institutionally-funded nonprofits (except internal programs meeting our goals that may not be otherwise funded);
- private nonoperating foundations;
- organizations outside of the United States;
If you meet the above criteria and would like to learn more, please view the