About our Grants
Note: Kalliopeia Foundation welcomes Letters of Inquiry, however we review full proposals by invitation only. Applicant organizations must be tax-exempt with 501(c)(3) status, or have a fiscal sponsor that has tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status.
First year grants range from $10,000 to $35,000. We make both general operating support and project support grants. We seek to establish long-term relationships in support of organizations and projects that are well-run, strong additions to our Program Areas, and that meet the criteria listed below.
We are particularly interested in projects that have the potential to influence wider circles–whether locally, nationally or globally–toward a transformation of consciousness resonant with our mission.
Funding priority is given to organizations that demonstrate:
- substantial alignment with our mission and clear relevance to at least one of our program areas;
- meeting a compelling need in a community or wider culture;
- holistic and embodied commitment to transformation of consciousness;
- capacity to reach wider circles, whether locally, nationally, or globally;
- inclusion of and service to marginalized, disadvantaged, and excluded populations;
- organizational vitality and effective program implementation;
- clarity of intention, honest communication, and ability to follow our application process.
We do not fund:
- organizations without 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status or a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt fiscal sponsor;
- large, institutionally-funded nonprofits (except internal programs meeting our goals that may not be otherwise funded);
- organizations outside of the United States;